“Oh, I’m just writing it for myself. You know, just as a hobby.”
Who am I kidding. If I didn’t want an audience, I’d be writing in my ‘My Little Pony’ journal, with the nice latch on the front and…anyway, the point is, about 2 minutes after starting a blog, you discover these things called rankings. Ah, sweet, sweet rankings. One blog linked to mine and my ranking jumped 1 MILLION PLACES…probably up to 71 million or something.
So here are the Top 10 reasons why my blog is not yet Number 1. I reserve the right to employ any of the techniques mentioned in the list – including creating lists.
- My blog is not about technology or geeky computer stuff.
- My blog is not about blogging.
- My blog is not a collection of lists (yet).
- My blog is not a collection of Youtube videos.
- My blog is not a left / right wing polemic.
- My blog is not Steve Jobs’s blog.
- My blog is not about career development / goal setting / management.
- My blog is not a blog devoted to giving other blogs awards.
- My blog is not a well-written but bitchy swipe at celebrities.
- My blog has been going for 3 weeks.
Okay, okay, so maybe number 10 has a bit more to do with it.